What is MyHistoricLA?
MyHistoricLA, is a fun way to submit your great ideas, help others improve their great ideas, and ultimately determine the best ideas for your community.
Too often, great community ideas are lost because residents don't know how or don't feel comfortable getting involved. MyHistoricLA empowers people to improve their community, all from the convenience of their own home.
Who can join the community and submit ideas?
Anyone! MyHistoricLA encourages anyone and everyone to join and submit their great ideas. The best ideas often come from unexpected sources. If you have access to an internet connection (we assume you do if you are reading this), join now and submit your ideas.
How much does it cost?
Access to MyHistoricLA is free for everyone.
Why should I participate?
Community activism and involvement are attributes of sustainable communities. MyHistoricLA allows you to be involved from the comfort of your own home, via the internet. Hopefully, this site motivates residents to take an idea and implement the idea on their own. This kind of informal action is the goal of the application and often the easiest form of community action to implement.
I don't have any great ideas, but I would like to participate. Is this possible?
Absolutely! First and foremost, everybody has great ideas about how to improve the community they live in and is encouraged to submit. However, while you think of those great ideas, help others improve their ideas. You can do this by providing feedback or “seconding” an idea.
How it Works
How do I sign up?
Signing up for MyHistoricLA is really easy. All we ask is that you provide your name, email, date of birth, and zip code. Sign up now »
How do I submit an idea?
Submitting an idea is quite easy. Find a topic that is open for idea submission and click the “Submit An Idea” button. You will be asked to provide information about your idea. The more detailed information you provide, the better the chance your idea will be liked and selected by other members of the community.
What happens after I submit my idea?
After you submit your idea, the idea can be viewed by the rest of the community. Other community members have an opportunity to provide valuable feedback. Any time another community member provides feedback, you will be notified via email immediately.
Should I improve my idea before it moves to Voting?
Absolutely. Without compromising the original intent of your idea, take feedback from other community members seriously. They are trying to help improve your idea. Incorporating this feedback improves the chance that your idea will rise to the top.
How do I promote my ideas to those not enrolled in the community?
It is strongly encouraged that members of the community share and promote their ideas on other social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). There are easy-to-use tools that allow for cross-platform sharing.
Seems like the Golden Rule would do, but here are some basic guidelines to follow:
- Be respectful of other members and their ideas. There is no need to harass or abuse another member.
- Do not, under any circumstance, post anything obscene, hateful, or derogatory. If you need to ask yourself twice if it's appropriate, it's probably not appropriate.
- Do not promote your idea on feedback forms for other people's ideas. The administrator will delete these comments.
- Everybody has individual interests. There is no need to sharply criticize another member's ideas. Feedback should be constructive and encourage the submitter to improve his or her idea.
- Do not, under any circumstance, post copyrighted material or content without permission from the content owner. Copyright infringement and the protection of intellectual property rights is taken very seriously.